How did you go from a newbie to a software engineer in 9 months while working full time?
The answer is very, very simple.
Stop watching Youtube/Netflix/movies every night. Forget drinking with friends after work. Kill WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and sliding into the DM’s of your favorite eGirl. Tell your family to respect your working hours during these months. That includes your wife, girlfriend, children and parents.
Put those hours into making something real with the programming language you love instead.
You’ll be an awesome engineer in 6 months. Not nine.
You have to sacrifice something to gain another thing. And that sacrifice means you will be so much more useful later on after doing it.
- I have done software engineering and now I want to apply for a master degree
- As a self-taught developer, should I go to college?
- Hello I am an aspiring software developer who just completed A-Levels. What's next?
- Protesting never works
- How do programmers last working for a company for 5 years, 10 years, or 20 years?
- What are some things that seem easy in programming software but are actually hard, and other things that seem hard but are easy?
- Why do programmers get outdated over time?
- Why is it so hard for older developers to keep going with technology?